Sunday, June 28, 2009

You're Never Too Old

I'm having fun painting a tangle of oak trees. It doesn't look anything like what I'm aiming at yet, but I am a persistent painter. I don't stop until it looks the way I want it to. When I have succeeded, I will post it on my art blog, http://unblockedartist-troyfarr.blogspot.com/, or click on the link down below on the right. I am happy to be unblocked after so many years.

I wish I could tell every person, who has given up on something they used to do, how rewarding it is to do it again, no matter how long it's been. People often tell me they can't take old talents up again because now they're too old. But if they would just do it, they'd find they're not too old, after all, and that creativity makes life worthwhile. It keeps people young and interested in each new day. It causes one to live in the now, rather than in the past or future. I know this because I'm 90, and painting and writing better than I ever did when I was younger.

I hope someone out there will throw caution to the winds and start in on something they used to enjoy. Give it a try!

2 comments:

  1. Troy, I found you while searching thru Bob's sites! How wonderful that you have all this talent and at 90 are willing to share it with the world! You, like Bob, are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sam, for your great comment. It warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete